If you’re a gamer, you know how important it is to record your gameplay. Whether you want to show off your skills to your friends or create content for your YouTube channel, recording your gameplay is essential.
But can you use a capture card to record PC games? Let’s find out.
What is a Capture Card?
A capture card is a device that captures and records the video and audio output of another device. It’s commonly used to record gameplay from consoles like Xbox and PlayStation. But can it be used for PC gaming?
Can You Use a Capture Card for PC Gaming?
The short answer is no. A capture card is designed to capture the video and audio output of another device, not your computer. When you play games on your PC, the video and audio are already being outputted by your graphics card and sound card respectively.
However, there are ways to record your PC gameplay without using a capture card.
How to Record Your PC Gameplay Without a Capture Card
1. Use OBS Studio: OBS Studio is a free and open-source software that allows you to record and stream video from your computer. It’s easy to use and supports various codecs and formats.
2. Use GeForce Experience: If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, you can use GeForce Experience to record your gameplay. It’s also free and easy-to-use.
3. Use Windows 10 Game Bar: Windows 10 has a built-in game bar that allows you to record gameplay with just a few clicks. Press the Windows key + G to open the game bar.
- Click on the red circle icon to start recording.
- Click it again or press Windows key + Alt + R to stop recording.
While capture cards are great for recording console gameplay, they’re not suitable for PC gaming. However, there are plenty of alternatives that you can use to record your PC gameplay.
OBS Studio, GeForce Experience, and Windows 10 Game Bar are just a few examples. So, go ahead and record your gameplay and share it with the world!