Virtual reality gaming has come a long way since its inception. With the advent of newer technologies, VR gaming has become more accessible and affordable. The Oculus Quest 2 is one such device that has taken the VR world by storm. It offers a standalone VR experience without the need for a PC or any external hardware.
However, what if you want to play games on your Oculus Quest 2 that are only available on Steam? Can you use Air Link to play Steam VR games on the Oculus Quest 2? Let’s find out.
What is Air Link?
Air Link is a feature that was introduced with the Oculus Quest 2. It allows you to wirelessly connect your Quest 2 to your PC and stream PC-based VR games directly to your headset. This means that you can play high-end PC VR games on your Quest 2 without the need for any additional cables or hardware.
Can You Play Steam VR Games on Oculus Quest 2 With Air Link?
The answer to this question is yes, you can play Steam VR games on your Oculus Quest 2 using Air Link. However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind before getting started.
Firstly, you will need a capable PC with a compatible graphics card. The recommended specs for running Steam VR games are quite high, so make sure that your system meets these requirements before attempting to use Air Link.
Secondly, you will need to have Steam installed on your PC and have purchased the game that you want to play. Once you have both of these prerequisites met, follow these steps:
- Make sure that both your PC and Oculus Quest 2 are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Enable Developer Mode on your Quest 2 by following these steps: Settings > About > Build Number (tap this seven times) > Developer Mode (toggle on).
- Download and install the Oculus PC app on your PC.
- Launch the Oculus PC app and click on the Devices tab.
- Select your Quest 2 and click on the Settings icon.
- Enable Air Link by toggling it on.
- Put on your Quest 2 and navigate to the Library tab. You should now see your PC listed as a device that you can connect to.
- Select your PC and launch Steam VR from within the headset.
Air Link is a great feature that allows you to play high-end VR games on your Quest 2 without any additional hardware. With a capable PC and a stable Wi-Fi connection, you can easily play Steam VR games on your Quest 2 using Air Link. Just make sure that you have purchased the game that you want to play and meet the recommended specs for running Steam VR games.
Overall, Air Link is an excellent feature that adds to the overall value of the Oculus Quest 2. It makes VR gaming more accessible than ever before and allows users to experience high-end VR without breaking the bank. If you have a Quest 2 and want to play Steam VR games, give Air Link a try!