Are you looking to transfer your Nintendo Switch games from one SD card to another? If so, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we’ll take a closer look at whether it’s possible to transfer Switch games from one SD card to another and how you can do it.
Can You Transfer Switch Games From One SD Card to Another?
The answer is yes, you can transfer your Nintendo Switch games from one SD card to another. This process is straightforward and can be done in a few simple steps.
What You’ll Need
Before we dive into the steps, let’s take a look at what you’ll need for this process:
- The old SD card with the games you want to transfer
- The new SD card that will receive the transferred games
- A computer with an SD card reader or an external SD card reader
- A stable internet connection
Steps to Transfer Switch Games From One SD Card to Another
Now that we have everything we need, let’s get started with the steps:
- Insert the old SD card into your computer’s SD card reader or an external SD card reader.
- Create a new folder on your desktop and name it something like “Switch Games. “
- Open the old SD card on your computer and navigate to “Nintendo” > “Contents” > “Registered.
- Select all of the folders inside “Registered” (there should be several) and copy them into the “Switch Games” folder on your desktop.
- Eject the old SD card from your computer and insert the new one.
- Open the new SD card on your computer and navigate to “Nintendo” > “Contents” > “Registered. “
- Copy all of the folders from the “Switch Games” folder on your desktop into the “Registered” folder on your new SD card.
- Eject the new SD card from your computer and insert it back into your Nintendo Switch.
- Turn on your Nintendo Switch and verify that all of your transferred games are present.
Important Things to Note
There are a few important things you should keep in mind when transferring Switch games from one SD card to another:
- If you have any game updates or DLCs installed on the old SD card, you’ll need to redownload them onto the new SD card after transferring the games.
- The time it takes to transfer the games will depend on how many games you’re transferring and how fast your internet connection is.
- If you have any save data that’s associated with the old SD card, you’ll need to transfer that separately. Save data is stored in a different location on the Nintendo Switch’s internal storage.
Transferring Switch games from one SD card to another is possible and relatively easy. All you need is a computer, an internet connection, and both SD cards. By following these simple steps, you can quickly transfer all of your favorite games from one SD card to another without losing any progress or data.