If you are a gamer, you might have heard about the Oculus Quest 2. It is a standalone VR headset that offers an immersive gaming experience.
But, what if you want to play Steam games on your Oculus Quest 2 Do you have to download them Let’s find out.
What is Oculus Quest 2
The Oculus Quest 2 is a VR headset that was released in October 2020. It is the successor to the original Oculus Quest and offers some significant improvements over its predecessor.
The device is wireless and doesn’t require a PC or any other external device to function. It has its own processor, graphics card, and storage, which makes it an excellent option for gamers who want to experience virtual reality without being tethered by cables.
Can You Play Steam Games on Oculus Quest 2
Yes, you can play Steam games on your Oculus Quest 2. But there’s a catch – you need a PC that meets the minimum requirements for virtual reality gaming.
What Are the Minimum Requirements for Virtual Reality Gaming
To play virtual reality games on your PC, you need a computer that meets these minimum requirements:
- A Windows PC
- An Intel Core i5-4590/AMD FX 8350 or better processor
- A NVIDIA GTX 970/AMD Radeon R9 290 or better graphics card
- 8GB+ RAM
- A USB port
- A display with a resolution of at least 1080×1200 pixels per eye
If your computer meets these requirements, you can use it to play Steam games on your Oculus Quest 2 using the Link cable.
What Is the Link Cable
The Link cable is a USB-C to USB 3.0 cable that connects your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC. It allows you to play Steam games on your Oculus Quest 2 by streaming the video and audio from your PC.
Do You Have to Download Steam Games on Oculus Quest 2
No, you don’t have to download Steam games on your Oculus Quest 2. You can use the Link cable to play the games on your PC, and they will be streamed to your Oculus Quest 2.
How Do You Set Up the Link Cable
To set up the Link cable, follow these steps:
- Connect one end of the Link cable to your Oculus Quest 2 and the other end to your PC.
- Download and install the Oculus software on your PC.
- Connect your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC using the Link cable.
- Put on your Oculus Quest 2 headset and follow the on-screen instructions to set up the Link connection.
- Once set up, launch Steam VR from within the Oculus software, and you’re ready to play!
In conclusion, if you want to play Steam games on your Oculus Quest 2, you don’t have to download them onto the device. Instead, use a Link cable to stream the video and audio from your PC. Just make sure that your computer meets the minimum requirements for virtual reality gaming before attempting this setup.