If you’re a proud owner of the Oculus Quest 2, you might be wondering if your games and progress are saved. The answer is yes, but there are a few things you should know.
How Does Oculus Quest 2 Save Games?
The Oculus Quest 2 automatically saves your game progress and settings to the cloud. This means that even if you lose or break your headset, you can still access your games and progress on a new device as long as you log in with the same account.
Manual Game Saves
In addition to automatic saves, some games also allow for manual game saves. This means that you can save your progress at any time during gameplay, which can be especially helpful for longer games or games with multiple levels.
- To manually save a game:
- Open the Oculus menu by pressing the Oculus button on your right controller.
- Select “Settings” from the bottom toolbar.
- Select “Device” from the left-hand menu.
- Select “Storage” from the options on the right.
- Select the game you want to manually save.
- Select “Save Data” and follow the prompts to save your game progress.
What Happens if My Oculus Quest 2 is Lost or Broken?
If your Oculus Quest 2 is lost or broken, don’t worry – as long as you log in with the same account on a new device, all of your saved games and progress will be accessible. However, it’s important to note that any locally stored data (such as manual saves) will not transfer over unless they were previously backed up to the cloud.
Backing Up Locally Stored Data
If you want to back up any manually saved games or other locally stored data, you can do so by connecting your Oculus Quest 2 to a computer with a USB-C cable and using the Oculus App.
- To back up locally stored data:
- Connect your Oculus Quest 2 to your computer using a USB-C cable.
- Open the Oculus App on your computer.
- Select your Oculus Quest 2 from the list of devices.
- Select “More Settings.”
- Select “Back Up Now.”
The Oculus Quest 2 automatically saves your game progress and settings to the cloud, so you don’t have to worry about losing any progress. However, if you want to back up any manually saved games or other locally stored data, you can do so by connecting your headset to a computer and using the Oculus App. With these tips in mind, you can enjoy all of your favorite games on your Oculus Quest 2 with peace of mind.