Resetting Oculus Quest 2 can be a daunting task, especially if you are not sure what will happen to your games and applications. In this article, we will answer the question that is on everyone’s mind – Does resetting Oculus Quest 2 delete games?
The short answer is YES. Resetting Oculus Quest 2 will delete all the games and applications that you have installed on your device. This includes all the data, progress, and saved games associated with those applications.
Why would you need to reset your Oculus Quest 2?
There are several reasons why you might need to reset your Oculus Quest 2. Here are a few of them:
- If your device is not working correctly or is experiencing technical issues.
- If you want to sell or give away your device.
- If you want to start fresh with a clean slate.
How to reset Oculus Quest 2?
If you have decided that resetting your Oculus Quest 2 is the right option for you, here is how you can do it:
- Turn on your Oculus Quest 2 and go to the settings menu.
- Select “Device” from the left-hand menu.
- Select “Reset” from the options available.
- Select “Reset Headset” and confirm that you want to proceed with the reset process.
What happens after resetting?
Once you have reset your Oculus Quest 2, it will be as if it were brand new out of the box. All of your games and applications will be deleted, along with their associated data.
You will need to set up your device again from scratch, including signing in with your account and downloading any applications that you want to use.
What can you do before resetting?
If you are planning on resetting your Oculus Quest 2, there are a few things that you can do beforehand to make the process easier:
- Back up any important data or progress in your games and applications.
- Make a list of all the applications that you want to reinstall after the reset.
- If you are selling or giving away your device, make sure that you have removed all of your personal information from it.
Resetting Oculus Quest 2 will delete all of your games and applications, along with their associated data. However, if you need to reset your device for any reason, it is a straightforward process that can be done from the settings menu.
Just remember to back up any important data before resetting and make a list of the applications that you want to reinstall afterward. With these steps, resetting your Oculus Quest 2 can be a breeze.