If you’re running out of storage space on your device or you simply want to keep your games organized, putting games on an SD card can be a great solution. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Check your device’s compatibility
Before you start, make sure that your device is compatible with SD cards. Most Android devices have an SD card slot, but some newer models don’t. iPhones don’t have an SD card slot at all, so this isn’t an option for iOS users.
Step 2: Get an SD card
If your device is compatible with an SD card, the next step is to get one. Make sure to get a high-capacity card with enough storage space for all of the games you want to transfer.
Step 3: Format the SD card
Before you start transferring games onto the SD card, you need to format it. This will erase any existing data on the card and prepare it for use.
To format the SD card:
- Insert the new SD card into your device.
- Go to “Settings” and select “Storage.”
- Select “Format SD Card.”
- Follow the prompts to complete the formatting process.
Step 4: Transfer games onto the SD Card
Now that your SD card is formatted and ready to use, it’s time to transfer your games onto it. Here are two ways you can do this:
Via File Manager:
- Connect your device to a computer via USB cable.
- Navigate to your phone’s internal storage using File Manager.
- Select the game files or folders that you want to transfer.
- Copy and paste them onto the SD card.
Via App Manager:
- Go to “Settings” and select “Apps.”
- Select the game you want to move to the SD card.
- Select “Storage.”
- Select “Change” and select the SD card as the new storage location.
Step 5: Enjoy your games on the SD Card
Once you’ve transferred your games onto the SD card, you can start playing them right away. To access your games, simply navigate to the location on your device where you transferred them.
Transferring games onto an SD card is a great way to free up space on your device or keep your games organized. With these simple steps, you can easily transfer your games onto an SD card and enjoy them without worrying about running out of storage space.