Are you an Oculus user who is curious about using Valve Index Controllers? Look no further! In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of using your Valve Index Controllers with your Oculus device.
What You Need
First things first, make sure that you have the following items before proceeding with the setup:
- Valve Index Controllers
- Oculus device (Quest, Rift S, or Rift)
- A computer with Steam and Oculus software installed
- A USB-C to USB-A cable (for Quest users only)
Now that you have everything prepared, let’s dive into the steps to use your Valve Index Controllers with your Oculus device:
Step 1: Enable Developer Mode on Your Oculus Device
To enable Developer Mode on your Oculus device, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Oculus app on your computer.
- Click on “Settings” in the bottom left corner of the app.
- Select “General” from the menu on the left.
- Scroll down and toggle on “Developer Mode”.
Step 2: Install SteamVR and SteamVR Input
Before we can start using our Valve Index Controllers with our Oculus device, we need to install two important software programs – SteamVR and SteamVR Input. Here’s how you can do it:
- Launch Steam on your computer.
- Navigate to Library > Tools in the top menu bar.
- Find and install “SteamVR”.
- Once SteamVR is installed, install “SteamVR Input” by clicking on the “STEAMVR INPUT” button in your Library > Tools.com/7Jw8ZdQ.png” alt=”SteamVR Input installation”>
Step 3: Connect Your Oculus Device to Your Computer
If you are a Quest user, connect your device to your computer using a USB-C to USB-A cable. For Rift and Rift S users, simply plug in your headset to your computer.
Step 4: Launch SteamVR
Now that you have installed both SteamVR and SteamVR Input, launch SteamVR from your Steam library.
Step 5: Pair Your Valve Index Controllers with Your Oculus Device
To pair your Valve Index Controllers with your Oculus device, follow these instructions:
- Put on your Oculus headset and use the controllers that came with it to navigate to “Devices”.
- Select “Pair New Controller” and hold down the System Button (the button with the Valve logo) on each of your Valve Index Controllers until they vibrate.com/XaKv5Rw.png” alt=”Pairing new controller”>
- Your Valve Index Controllers should now be paired with your Oculus device!
Congratulations! You have successfully set up and paired your Valve Index Controllers with your Oculus device. Now you can enjoy the best of both worlds – the comfort of using an Oculus headset and the functionality of using Valve Index Controllers!