Are you a fan of old-school PS1 games? If so, you might be excited to know that you can play those classic games on your PlayStation Classic!
This mini console comes pre-loaded with 20 classic games, but there’s no need to stop there. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to play your favorite PS1 games on your PlayStation Classic.
Before we get started, let’s make sure you have everything you need. Here are the requirements:
- A PlayStation Classic console
- A USB flash drive (preferably a 64GB one)
- A computer running Windows or Mac OS
- PS1 game files in .bin format (you can find them online)
Now that we have everything we need, let’s dive into the steps to play PS1 games on PlayStation Classic:
Step 1: Download and Install BleemSync
BleemSync is a tool that allows you to add more games to your PlayStation Classic. Here’s how to download and install it:
- Go to the BleemSync website and download the latest version of the software.
- Extract the downloaded files into a folder on your computer.
- Connect your USB flash drive to your computer.
- Run BleemSync.exe file from the extracted folder and follow instructions on-screen.
Step 2: Add Games to Your USB Drive
Now that BleemSync is installed on your USB drive, it’s time to add some games. Here’s how:
- Create a folder named “Games” on the root of your USB drive.
- Add your PS1 game files to the “Games” folder.
- Make sure your game files are in .bin format and have a corresponding .cue file with the same name.
Step 3: Connect USB Drive to PlayStation Classic
With games added to your USB drive, it’s time to connect the drive to your PlayStation Classic. Here’s how:
- Turn off your PlayStation Classic.
- Connect the USB drive with games to one of the two controller ports on the front of the console.
- Connect a compatible USB power supply to the other controller port on PlayStation Classic’s front side. It is recommended that you use an AC adapter rated at 5V/1A or higher for optimal results.
- Turn on your PlayStation Classic.
Step 4: Boot up BleemSync and Sync Games
With everything connected, it’s time to boot up BleemSync and sync games. Here’s how:
- On your computer, open up File Explorer or Finder and navigate to your USB drive.
- Double-click on “bleemsync” folder from within the USB flash drive.
- Select “bleemsync.exe” file (or “bleemsync” for Mac users) and wait for it to load.
- Select “Sync” button from BleemSync user interface and wait for it finish syncing process, which usually takes around a minute or two depending on number of games added.
That’s it! You’re now ready to play your favorite PS1 games on your PlayStation Classic.
With BleemSync and a USB drive, you can add even more games to your console. We hope this tutorial was helpful in guiding you through the process. Happy gaming!