Are you looking to spice up your next get-together with some fun and excitement? Look no further than the classic party game of drinking games!
This popular card game is a great way to liven up any gathering and bring people together for a night of laughs and good times. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a newbie, this guide will walk you through all the basics of how to play drinking games.
What You’ll Need
Before you can start playing, you’ll need a few things first. Here’s what you should have on hand:
- A deck of cards
- A group of friends (the more the merrier!)
- Plenty of drinks (beer, wine, or liquor – whatever your preference)
The rules of drinking games are simple – every player takes turns drawing cards from the deck and follows the instructions on each card. Here are some common instructions you might encounter:
- Take a drink: Self-explanatory – take a sip from your drink.
- Give a drink: Choose another player to take a sip from their drink.
- Category: Choose a category (e.g. types of fruit) and go around the circle naming things that fit into that category. The first person who can’t think of anything drinks.
- Rhyme: Choose a word and go around the circle rhyming with it until someone can’t think of anything.
That person drinks.
- Never Have I Ever: Say something that you’ve never done before. Anyone who has done that thing takes a drink.
- Truth or Dare: Choose truth or dare. If you choose truth, answer a question truthfully. If you choose dare, perform a task that is assigned to you. Failure to do so results in a drink.
The End Game
As the game progresses, players will start to get more and more drunk – which means the game will get more and more fun! Eventually, someone will draw the final card in the deck, which means it’s time for the end game. The last card usually requires everyone to finish their drink or do something silly like dance on a table.
Here are some additional tips to keep in mind while playing drinking games:
- Know your limits: Drinking games can be fun, but they can also be dangerous if you’re not careful. Know your limits and stop drinking if you feel uncomfortable or unsafe.
- Mix it up: Don’t be afraid to add your own rules or variations to the game to make it more interesting.
- Stay hydrated: Make sure you’re drinking water in between alcoholic drinks to stay hydrated and prevent a hangover.
Drinking games are a classic party game that is sure to bring people together for a fun night of laughter and good times. With these simple rules and tips, you’ll be able to play like a pro in no time. So grab your deck of cards and some drinks – let’s get this party started!