Are you looking for a fun and engaging way to spend time with a friend or family member? Why not try playing some 2 person card games?
These games are great for passing the time, improving your strategic thinking skills, and creating lasting memories with loved ones. In this article, we will explore some of the best 2 person card games that you can play.
1. Gin Rummy
Gin Rummy is a classic game that has been enjoyed by generations.
To play, each player is dealt ten cards and must try to form sets or runs in their hand. The objective of the game is to be the first player to get rid of all your cards by forming sets or runs.
How to Play:
- Each turn, players can either draw a card from the deck or pick up the top card from the discard pile.
- Players can then choose to discard one card from their hand.
- Sets are groups of cards with the same rank, while runs are three or more consecutive cards in the same suit.
- The game ends when one player gets rid of all their cards or when there are no more cards left in the deck.
2. Egyptian Rat Screw
Egyptian Rat Screw is a fast-paced and exciting game that requires quick reflexes and good observation skills. The objective of the game is to be the first player to win all the cards.
How to Play:
- The deck is shuffled and divided equally among players.
- Players take turns placing one card face up on a central pile.
- If two cards of the same rank are played consecutively, players must slap their hand on the pile as quickly as possible.
- The first player to slap the pile gets to add all the cards in the central pile to their hand.
- If a player slaps the pile incorrectly, they must give one card from their hand to the player who played the card before them.
- The game ends when one player wins all the cards.
War is a simple and easy-to-learn game that requires no special skills or strategy. The objective of the game is to win all the cards in the deck.
Speed is a fast-paced game that requires quick reflexes and good observation skills. The objective of the game is to be the first player to get rid of all your cards.
How to Play:
- The deck is divided equally among players, with each player getting five piles of face-down cards and one face-up card on top of each pile.
- Players simultaneously flip over their top card and try to place it on one of the central piles in ascending or descending order.
- Players can also move cards between their own piles if they have a card that is one rank higher or lower than the top card of the pile.
- The game ends when one player gets rid of all their cards.
Playing 2 person card games is a great way to spend quality time with someone while also having fun and improving your skills. Whether you prefer classic games like Gin Rummy and War or more fast-paced games like Egyptian Rat Screw and Speed, there are plenty of options to choose from. So grab a deck of cards and challenge your friend or family member to a game today!