Are you looking for some fun 2 player card games to play with your friends or family? Look no further! In this article, we will discuss some of the best 2 player card games that are sure to keep you entertained for hours.
One of the simplest and most popular 2 player card games is Go Fish. To begin, each player is dealt 7 cards from a standard deck of 52 cards.
The objective of the game is to collect as many sets of four cards as possible. The sets can be any rank, for example, four Queens or four 6s. The game ends when all the cards have been played or when there are no more sets left in the deck.
How to Play:
- The first player starts by asking their opponent if they have a specific rank (e.g., “Do you have any Aces?”). If the opponent has any Aces, they must give them to the first player.
- If the opponent doesn’t have any Aces, they say “Go Fish” and the first player picks up a card from the deck.
- If this new card matches the rank that was asked for, then the first player gets another turn.
- If not, then it’s now the second player’s turn.
Crazy Eights is another classic 2 player card game played with a standard deck of cards. Its name comes from one of its rules: Eights are wild and can be played at any time during the game.
How to Play:
- To start, each player is dealt seven cards.
- The remaining cards are placed face down in a draw pile with one card turned up next to it.
- The first player must match the suit or rank of the upturned card. For example, if it’s a 7 of Hearts, they must play either a Heart or another 7.
- If they can’t make any move, they must draw a card from the deck.
- If they still can’t make any move, play passes to the next player.
- The game continues until one player has no cards left in their hand.
Gin Rummy is a popular 2 player card game that uses a standard deck of cards. The objective of the game is to form sets of three or four cards with the same rank or runs of three or more cards in sequence and suit.
How to Play:
- Each player is dealt ten cards.
- The first player must draw either the top card from the discard pile or a new card from the deck.
- They then discard one card face up on top of the discard pile.
- The second player then takes their turn and so on until one player has formed all their cards into sets and runs and discards their last card to end the game.
These are just a few examples of some of the best 2 player card games out there. Whether you’re looking for something quick and easy like Go Fish or something more challenging like Gin Rummy, there’s sure to be a game that will suit your tastes. So grab a deck of cards and get ready to have some fun!