If you’re a gamer on a budget or just don’t have the means to invest in a high-end graphics card, don’t fret. There are still plenty of PC games out there that you can play without one!
What are integrated graphics?
Before we dive into the list of games, it’s important to understand what integrated graphics are. Integrated graphics are built into the CPU (Central Processing Unit) of your computer rather than being a separate component like a dedicated graphics card. While they may not be as powerful as dedicated graphics cards, they can still handle many games with lower graphical demands.
Games that don’t require a graphics card
1. Minecraft: This popular sandbox game has simplistic graphics and can run on most computers with ease.
2. Stardew Valley: A relaxing farming sim with charming 2D graphics that won’t require much graphical power.
3. Terraria: Another 2D game that’s similar to Minecraft but offers more combat and exploration elements.
4. Papers, Please: A unique puzzle game set in a dystopian world where you play as an immigration officer.
5. Braid: A platformer with time-manipulating mechanics and hand-drawn art style.
6. Hearthstone: A digital collectible card game set in the Warcraft universe that doesn’t require much graphical power.
7. RimWorld: A sci-fi colony management sim with simple yet effective visuals.
8. Oxenfree: An atmospheric adventure game set on an abandoned island with stunning hand-painted visuals.
9. The Sims 2: The classic life simulation game that doesn’t require much horsepower to run smoothly.
10. Dwarf Fortress: A complex and challenging simulation game set in a fantasy world with ASCII-style graphics.
While having a dedicated graphics card can certainly enhance your gaming experience, it’s not always necessary. There are plenty of fun and engaging games out there that can be played on integrated graphics without sacrificing too much in the way of visuals. So don’t let a lack of a graphics card hold you back from enjoying some great games!